Monday, March 16, 2009

Pac Sun Clash at Clairemont 3 March 14, 2009 San Diego




What a great way to start a Saturday morning. Heading down to San Diego 9:00am, not too cold not to warm yet, just right. Traffic was chill along the 5 with your typical early Saturday morning travelers. As we come to our exit, I see a Shell station and look down at the gas gauge and think, hmmm, should I fill up now? Nahh, I'll be fine.

Ohh crap, traffic at the exit. Whaat? No worries. Just chill and sit this one out.
Ok. 12 minutes. The "check gauge" light comes on and the guy walking his dog, stopping at every light post passes us up a long time ago. whaaat?

Finally make the light and make a quick right. What was all the traffic? Oh got it! 2 guys standing over a huge hole in the street, as they watch another guy come out of the hole and going back in shaking his head. Awesome. My only question now is, Where is the dang gas stations here? Fine 2 more miles and then I'll panic.

YES! another Shell. only 6 miles from where I needed to be. I love this country.
Gassed up. Found a decent parking spot and on my way. Kids walking all over carrying Yellow and black PAC SUN bags stuffed with all kinds of freebie giveaways!

VIP/Athlete Tent. Girl at the table was really cool and found my name right away! Ahh, that slight panic of not knowing if your name ever made it to the list. Got the purple wristbands for my son and myself and on my way in. People everywhere with lots happening. Great vibe.

First we go straight to the VIP area and check it out. Lots of freebie swag and goodies to munch on. Free drinks, water, soda, etc. Bumped into Denice Graciano aka
PacSun on twitter and Ashley LaFerriere who hooked me up with the ultimate black wristbands to get me up on the big Vert Ramp. Life is grand! Thanks for the hookup girls! Got you on video!



We went to go check out the band playing. Holy Moley! 9 yr olds rocking away!! Im bummed we only got to see the last song and missed their set.

At the same time, street course was just going off!



Then it was time to head over to the Vert Ramp to watch all the action!
Bucky Lasek, Lance Mountain, Pierre-Luc Gagnon, Lyn-z Adams Hawkins and so many more pros and young groms!



Cruised back down the booths and bumped into Rick Devoe of WRONG Skateboards (Rick is also the manager of Blink 182. shhhh) We talked a bit and had fun just messing with all the kids who wanted some free shwag!


Flixwagon Video on 12seconds.tv



Then it was time to get some quick grub in the VIP area. Chipotle was serving it up with some chicken tacos, chips and salsa! It's not the good stuff like Wahoo's but when your starving, even Chipotle tastes great!


Spotted was AngryJulie my friend from twitter who brought her son and mom.
She even lucked out and won 2 skatedecks! go Julie!!

check out the bitchin custom Wahoo's / Harvey's Seatbelt bag purse! available at wahoos.com

Then it was back to the Vert Ramp to watch more rad bmx and grom skaters!




Flixwagon Video on 12seconds.tv



Flixwagon Video on 12seconds.tv


It definitely was a great day! But It was also time for me to head back to the OC since I had other events happening. On my way out I bumped into Lisa of Macbeth shoes and talke a bit of business and check out this hot guitar signed by Tom Delonge of Blink 182 and Angels and Airwaves!











What a perfect way to end a great day!

4 comments:

Annette said...

Oh man, both kids would have loved this, but IP has missed too many gymnastics classes. Thanks for blogging it!

TodayBledFate said...

Looks like a rad event! Welcome to blogspot Ed!

-Chris

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. It's so RAD!

Love the pic of me. I might have to snipe it.

And the videos. I'm soo jealous. Would you believe I had my Flip Video Camera in my purse. I totally forgot to take it out.

Keep the blogging up, it looks good on you!

Miz Helena said...

fabulous blog ..videos.. well covered your just a amazing dude.. followed & bookmarked HOTT!!