Monday, April 20, 2009

COACHELLA 2009

Day 2 of Coachella
Saturday, April 18, 2009

I am not here to post any blogs about the bands at Coachella.
I think theres thousands others to give their recaps on all
the beautiful music being played all 3 days. I am just here to
show you what I experienced at Coachella. Enjoy!

I started off at 8am and made it up to La Quinta to where
my buddies were staying. Beautiful gated community set
on the golf course. I wish I could show pics of this private
residence, but out of respect of the family, I won't post any.
Maybe just one, of their backyard overlooking the golf course!


The 45 minute hike thru a dusty road from the farthest
parking spot ever to the front entrance of the venue!


Where am I going? No wait, where am I? Ahh hell,
screw this, I'm just going to go wherever these all
access wristbands will get us!


It's about 100 degrees out. Everyone is stealing as much
shade wherever they can. The VIP area was so crowded
it wasn't even worth trying to share the shade. So we just
kept on walking around to mingle with the crowd.


Aww! Finally! Refreshments!


Lots of Arts and Crafts and arsty crafty people!


Everyone just going where all the water was being splashed
around to keep kool!



Everwhere you go, there were just crowds and crowds of people!


And of course there were all the freaky looking people!
This guy really creeped me out. This couple played out the
vintage 20's - 30's theme, but way too extreme. This piano
was built on a bicycle that rode sideways. I dont think this
couple has even showered or changed clothes in over 2 weeks.

What bothered me more, was they had this wooden
vintage 20's or 30's carriage that actually had a 2-3
yr old asleep under the 100 degree sun. Vintage is
one thing, but to make your kids suffer thru the heat
like this, is just pure stupidity.


I love art! Check out this crazy hand painted golf cart!


Hand painted mannequins!



View of the crowd before Travis and DJ AM take the stage!
This is where I would have tons of pics and vids of Travis and DJ AM
but thanks to low bandwidth and the probability of my iphone
camera locking up is likely to happen and guess what, it did!
arrrrrgh!!

More artsy stuff. this little oriental setup was very interesting.



The VIP bar just seems to be the place to be!
So much alcohol! Where do I start! Oh I know,
water! and lots of it!

Can't miss out on some perfect Thai Chicken in the VIP!

Or how about some perfectly grilled burgers? mmmm!

Bloggers galore in the VIP Press tent posting away all
their Coachella stories and pics!

Blog blog blog . . .

The view from behind the Main Stage. Its kind of like
standing behind a mirror to see what goes on behind it.
Alot of nothing to be honest! Just alot of people wondering
how do they get to watch from the stage!

Everywhere you go there were just thousands of people everywhere!

and when you turned around, there were thousands more!


There's the creepy guy again!

At least creepy guy seems to be entertaining the crowd.

The best part is that people seem to enjoy the creepiness!

Lots more artsy stuff!

Lots of arsty - fiery metal dragons!

Gotta love KROQ!!

The crowd is anxiously waiting for the Killers to come on the stage!









4 comments:

roxannima said...

wow, lookit you and your god pass. next time, you should slum it with the rest of us ;)
http://www.orangecounty.com/sections/article/gallery/?pic=1&id=182

CHELSEA said...

AMAZING! Looks like you had as much fun as we did! Thanks so much for the VIP treatment that day, we had a blast!!! Took some photos and tweeted them: twitter.com/highvoltagemag

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

Looks like a huge event. I've never been. Sometime I will have to try and make it to the event.

Anonymous said...

...Через три месяца узнаю - у него любовница-процедурная медсестра, ей 38 лет, ему 52 года. И что тут началось....не описать. Я на нервной почве едва не попала для операцию, дитя был дважды в больнице, тоже операция, а папу не испытывать - ребенку в больницу ни разу не позвонил! Он целостный месяц думал с кем ему остаться долгоденствовать, с ней alias с нами... [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-stroitelstve-zabora/118-tekhnologiya-stroitelstva-zabora.html]список строительных порталов[/url]